The Hamilton Wentworth Detention Centre with the Ministry of the Solicitor General is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in order to provide reception, clerical and typing support services to managers and staff.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide reception duties including answering telephone calls routed from the automated answering system, transcribing and redirecting calls as required
• Greet and direct visitors and callers to appropriate persons, answering routine or general inquiries as well as book inmate visits
• Provide administrative support services by typing a variety of reports, documents, memos or correspondence
• Process incoming and outgoing mail by sorting and distrusting inmate and business mail, checking addresses and arranging for courier services
• Provide documentation to the Financial Clerk to reconcile mail and courier service invoices
How do I qualify?
• You possess knowledge of office procedures in order to provide reception and clerical support services
• You possess knowledge of multi-line switchboards and receptionist procedures
Communication and Technical Skills
• You possess clear communication skills (written and verbal) to answer telephones, respond to general inquiries and calls, format documents, memos, letters and forms
• You possess the ability to organize work efficiently and establish priorities under general supervision
• You have attention to detail skills in order to maintain confidentiality of information and review information, letters and correspondence for accuracy
• You possess proficiency in operating a personal computer and related software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite) in order to complete word processing services such as formatting letters, memos, reports, excel spreadsheets and forms
• You possess keyboarding skills in order to transcribe messages, memos and correspondence